Saturday, September 26, 2009
The Opening Ceremonies: Welcome!
• Tracey Barrett, who served ten years as regional advisor, passes the torch to Genetta Adair…literally. She also receives a coffee cup and a tee shirt!
• This year, we have over 140 attendees from 15 states!
• Raffle: Win a full manuscript critique with a close edit of the first 30 pages from Michael Stearns of Upstart Crow Literary Agency. The proceeds benefit Safe Haven, a local homeless shelter.
• Conference attendees are also donating books for children at the center.
• Stay tuned to the blog for breakout sessions, giveaways, interviews, and more!
PREVIEW: Amazing breakout sessions from Kaylan Adair, Associate Editor at Candlewick Press, Tracy Barrett, former Regional Advisor and author extraordinaire, Patrick Collins, Creative Director for Henry Holt Books for Young Readers, Caroline B. Cooney, Awesome Author of 75 novels for teens (which have sold over 15,000,000 copies) Chris Richman agent at Upstart Crow Literary, Cheryl Klein, an editor with Arthur A. Levine books, and Shelli Johannes-Wells, a marketing expert who runs the superblog Market My Words! Stay tuned!
Additional faculty for conference critiques: Kathryn Knight, editorial director at Dalmatian Press, Candie Moonshower, author of THE LEGEND OF ZOEY and VIVIAN VANDE VELDE: AUTHOR OF FANTASY FICTION, and Marietta B. Zacker, agent with Nancy Gallt Literary Agency.
SCBWI MIDSOUTH VOLUNTEERS
Regional Advisor: Genetta Adair
Assistant Regional Advisor: Patsi B. Trollinger
Newsletter Editor: Patricia Wiles
Conference Coordinators: Sharon Cameron, Susan Eaddy
Illustrator Coordinator: Alison Lyne
Manuscript Contest Coordinator: Sharon Cameron
Listserv Moderator: Tracy Barrett
Webmaster: Patricia Wiles
Listserv Critters Coordinator: Holly Folsom
Conference Brochure Designer: Becky Mitchel Ziemer
Book Donation Coordinator: Kristin O’Donnell Tubb